Presentation by Adelaide Hough, Data Quality Team Leader at Royal Papworth Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Royal Papworth Hospital NHS FT is the UK’s largest specialist cardiothoracic hospital and the country’s main heart and lung transplant centre. In this video we discuss how Patient Pathway Plus has not only automated PTL reporting and reduced the manpower needed to validate the data and produce the reports, but has also allowed the trust to move ownership of pathway management back to the operational teams to directly improve data quality and reduce patient risk.
The solution highlights pathway errors and process blockages and has enabled staff to validate their own PTL in real-time. Direct feedback on specific data entry errors has enabled frontline staff to get targeted training and is having a huge impact on GIRFT. The solution provides a single version of the truth across the Trusts so PTL management meetings can now focus on clinical priorities and patient care.
Next steps include automating non RTT data and CDS reporting and billing. Plus implementing Insource 18-week e-learning training modules across the Trust.
- Reduced errors in waiting lists and patient pathways
- Automated data collection, consolidation, and validation
- Automated RTT and Daily PTL reporting
- Operational staff taken ownership of data accuracy at input
- Single version of the truth of the PTL across the Trust
- Confidence in the data throughout the Trust and at Board level
- Using data and training to drive towards the gold standard
- Data quality helping with business practices redesign